Today I just wasn’t feeling it. It was cold, windy and icy. There hadn’t been any recent snow and a couple weeks had gone by since our last ski day. I just wasn’t feeling as confident as I had been. Despite this, we decided to go out and just do a short loop. Oftentimes, when I’m feeling like this, I need to just go do the thing I don’t want to do and I never end up regretting it!

So that’s what we did. We went out, we ski’d and we had fun. It was really icy and I fell I a couple times but I shrugged it off, got back up and kept going. Something I’ve always struggled with is wanting to do something perfect the first time. Going into this experience with no previous knowledge or experience about cross-country skiing has meant that at time I really had to guard my mindset against all the old stories I have about not being good at certain things. I’m glad that I went out today because it forced me to practice in conditions I knew would be trickier and I would have to really concentrate on using the skills that I had learned so far.